“Win a Smart TV “Promotion 18 February 2021 to 8 April 2021 Terms and Conditions
- This promotion is organized by “ Caltex Glenashley (“the Promoter”) and these terms and conditions apply to “ Win a Smart TV” Competition
- The promotion is open to permanent residents and citizens of South Africa except any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant or any person directly or indirectly who controls or is controlled by the Promoter including but not limited to, Astron Energy (Pty) Ltd, Caltex Service Stations, and /or immediate family members of any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant of or person indirectly or directly in control by the Promoter, its advertising agencies, partners, advisers, dealers, suppliers and/or associated companies.
- The promotion is only applicable at the Caltex Service Station – “ Caltex Glenashley” situated at 43 Ashley Avenue, Glenashley.
- Information on how to enter the promotion and on the prize, form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry into this promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter may amend these terms and conditions at any time during the Competition, by posting/displaying such amendments at the office of the Caltex Retailer.
- The Promotion shall run from 18 February 2021 and end on 8 April 2021 at 00h00.
- Entrants stand a chance to win a 50” Samsung Smart TV (x1).
To enter the Promotion:
- Entrants to Spend R300 on site. For avoidance of any doubt, it is specially stated that there is no obligation on the part of any participant to purchase petroleum product in order to enter the promotion. The R300 spend shall accordingly exclude fuel sales.
- All entrants with spend of R300 or more to fill in his/her name with contact details on the back of the cash receipt and place in the entry box provided on site at Glenview/Caltex Glenashley.
Winner Prize Redemption:
- The Promotion will be overseen by independent auditors/attorneys where after the Organisers’ decision regarding all matters relating to the Promotion will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be required to provide his/her name, copy of their identity document, contact details. Should the winner refuse or be unable to comply with this condition for any reason, such winner will be deemed to have rejected the Prize and it shall revert to the Promoters.
- The Winner will be contacted telephonically by 10 April 2021. If the Participant with a correct entry drawn is not contactable after two (2) attempts another name will be drawn and the process repeated until a winner is contacted. The Winner will be required to provide a valid daytime delivery address and a copy of their SA ID to prove they are over 18 and to be identifiable at the point of delivery. A successful prize claim will be subject to the winner being successfully verified. Verification includes, but is not limited to, checks being undertaken to ensure the winner is not an employee of the promoter, as well as that the product purchased in connection with the winning entry was not returned and/or was paid for by the winner. The Winner who does not respond in the required manner within 5 working days will forfeit their prize
- Winner’s personal information will be handled in accordance with clause 11 & 12 below.
- The Promoter’s decision to disqualify an entry is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Entrants may enter the Promotion as many times as they wish over the duration of the Promotion.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to either cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
- If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion subject to any written directions under applicable legislation. The Promoter also reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardize the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this Promotion.
- If required by the Minister of Trade and Industry, the National Consumer Commission or for whatever other reason, we will have the right to terminate this Competition with immediate effect and without notice of such termination. In such event, all Entrants hereby waive any rights, which they may have against us and hereby acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against us.
- Prize winner, on acceptance of prize, may be requested to be identified in publicity, broadcastings or publications with “Caltex Glenashley” internal or external communications including social media. The winners shall at all times be entitled to decline the above request. Winner that take part in any publicity will not be entitled to any payment or other remuneration for such publicity or otherwise.
- Participants agree that by uploading their “images” and comments, they grant permission to the Promoter to use the images, comments or any part thereof, in any and all media for the Promoter’s business purposes, including promotional / marketing purposes with no consideration payable to the participants. Such permission is perpetual and irrevocable. Participants release and agree to hold harmless the Promoter and all acting with their authority from any liability for such use and from any other claims arising from such use.
- Social media sites include but is not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Original content includes but is not limited to, any piece of written content, audio or visual video or sound clips, images, photos.
- Content created for the promotion may not be in any way derogatory or harmful to any party; public, entrants or promoters. Such content shall be removed, and the creator banned from the site. Content which is seen to do the following shall be removed from the site and the creator will be banned: content that is perceived to be spam, the collection of personal information, content that serves a commercial purpose or content that is deemed malicious. The promoter reserves the right to remove any such content without prior warning. The promoter reserves the right to judge these pieces of content and will use their own discretion in determining whether or not they are outside the guidelines set out in these terms and conditions.
- The Prize may not be awarded (and entries disqualified) if entry procedures or these terms and conditions have not been adhered to or if the Promoter detects and/or suspects any irregularities or fraudulent practices.
- By entering this competition, the entrant authorizes the Promoter to collect, store and use (not share) personal information for communication or statistical purposes, subject to the entrant’s right to opt out of such communication at any time.
- This Competition shall comply with, and will be subject to, any peremptory provisions of the Consumer Protection Act (“CPA”) and the regulations promulgated thereunder, which are deemed to be incorporated herein (“Peremptory Provisions”).
- The laws of South Africa apply to this Promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa.
*Disclaimer: Information was correct at time of going to press but may be subject to change.